As the Page Turns is a lifelong dream in process. It was started in June, 2008, by Lisa Nichols, a retired teacher and voracious reader. Located in Travelers Rest, South Carolina, just past beautiful Furman University, As the Page Turns offers a lovely view of Paris Mountain as well as a fabulous assortment of new and used books.
As a former teacher, Lisa makes a point of looking for excellent teacher books and materials. She also has a warm spot in her heart for regional authors; you'll find an extensive selection of titles by Southern authors just inside the door of As the Page Turns. Besides books in every possible genre, you'll also find an eclectic selection of greeting cards, magnets, sticky notes, bookmarks, handcrafted items, gift items, and other delights we come across and think our customers might enjoy.
Why shop at an independent bookstore instead of at a national chain?
When you shop at an independently owned business, our entire community benefits. Here are a few good reasons to support your local independent retailer:
- Spend $100 at a locally-owned business and $68 of that stays in our community. Spend that same $100 at a national chain store, and our community keeps only $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your own community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a reduced carbon footprint.
- Shopping locally means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to improve our community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors; if you support their business, chances are, they’ll support yours.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independent businesses means more choice, more diversity, and a unique community instead of a cookie-cutter one.
Thank you for supporting your local independent retailers; your patronage matters!
ATTENTION, BOOK CLUBS!
We frequently have multiple used copies of popular titles. Come in and browse, choose a title, and we'll hold copies for your book club members.
A space in our store is also available for book club meetings. To learn more please call us at (864) 834-8100 or stop by and speak with an associate.